Wife Maintenance

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

Get yourself into a Solicitor asap. You can apply for maintenance pending suit (before the divorce). However any money ordered will be deducted from your benefits so you could be in a catch 22 situation. You need advice.

2. sallyanne77

sallyanne77 New Member

Hi, I have just been left by my husband he has moved out away from area, leaving me unemployed, two children under 4,no car, £100, and bills to pay. He has the children every other weekend and I have applied for CSA. I haven't worked for 6 years and have no qualifications or career. I am struggling to keep my children in our local village allowing them to stay at the same school with their friends. My husband earns £42,000 a year. He has an IVA of £225 per month which equates to £25k debt. This house is being sold because it is in negative equity and I am having to apply for benefits which may I add have taken 5 weeks so far and have yet to be produced. I know this sounds really greedy, but would I be entitled to wife maintenance? After this house is sold my husbands monthly pay will be £2300 and his outgoings will be £861 as he is currently living for free at his sisters. We have been married for nearly 6 years and lived together since 1999. I need some help here because I have found no properties that take on DSS. I need my ex-husbands help. P.S We have just separated, do I need to divorce to apply for wife maintenance? Thanks, distressed mum of two!