Wife being difficult....

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

She cannot screw you over as you put it. This is a very short marriage and both parties are financially independent. My view is that she would not succeed in any claim made against you on the information she has given you.

2. Bullski

Bullski New Member

My wife and i were married in 2003 and after only 6 months together she committed adultery and walked out. We tried to make things work for 6 months after but to no avail, the relationship became destructive and we called it a day. When she left i gave her £10,000 and we both signed a letter to say this was the money for the settlement at the end of the marriage. I gave her a key to the house and told her to take any furniture she wanted. Things were amicable for a while but recently she is being difficult when it comes to the divorce. We had intended to go for a straight forward divorce with no money or settlement involved as we both have our own homes, lifes etc. She earns more money than me but i still pay for items in her house which i bought for her when she couldnt get credit. She is now suggesting she is going to screw me over in the divorce. Im just bascially wondering if anyone has any ideas about how much she is entitled to, given that i have already given her a sum of money and that we were married for such a short time. The house is in my dads name and im self employed but earning barely enought to cover my mortgage and living expenses. Any help would be much much much appreciated as its starting to really worry me : (