What is she entitled to?

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

Technically everyhting you both have can be taken into account, but if your wife is happy to just take half the house proceeds, she can ignore her Solicitor and agree to that. The court will respect your mutual wishes if you were to file a consent order in my view.

2. bill_1969

bill_1969 New Member

Can anyone give me any advice please? Me & my ex have been separated for 3 years. Before that we were married for 2 years – together for 3 years before we got married. I left as we weren’t getting along & since then we’ve just been friends. My ex is currently living in our marital home – which we are due to sell once the Absolute comes through. I am at the Nisi stage with my ex & have just had to complete the short financial statement listing all my savings/investments etc. I have a lot of savings (in my name alone) and I recently got a lump-sum bonus which I’ve had to declare too. I earn 4 times the amount she does – although she could easily earn more money if she got a job back in the City - where she used to work. When we bought our house in 2001, I invested £30k and she invested nothing. Please can you tell me if she would be entitled to any of my savings/investments or if we can get away with just splitting the house 50/50 when we sell it (I am happy to do this). We are very amicable at the moment and I know she would be happy to just accept the 50/50 split without having to involve all of my own personal finances, but I’m just concerned that her solicitor will see my financial statement and try to push for more money! Just because I have had the initiative to save as much money as I can over the past 20 years, I don’t see why I have to share it! Considering that we were only married for 2 years and have no children…..