Welcome to Getting your divorce online

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

This topic is for people who want more information on whether using Divorce-Online would be suitable for their cirumstances. We welcome any questions you may have.

2. Mark Keenan

You can divorce him on the grounds of 5 years separation as he is habitually resident here. Please free to give us a call to discuss or e-mail me at mark.keenan@divorce-online.co.uk

3. Mark Keenan

Yes you can do it all from Spain. You will not need to come back to the UK to complete your divorce.

The cost is £189.00 for our fee with court costs of £550.

Please read further about our Managed Divorce Service.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Mark Keenan

If you compare it to what a Solicitor will charge you, it is a very good price to have the whole divorce process managed for you from start to finish so all you have to do is sign the documents.

As for the court fees they are mandatory wherever you go, which means that regardless of how you file for divorce you'll be expected to pay this fee.

5. Mark Keenan

Not in England and Wales I am afraid as neither of you are habitually resident here or are domiciled as you are not British citizens. There are DIY divorce services for Ireland such as http://www.diydivorceireland.com however they are expensive compared to the UK.

6. Mark Keenan

Yes,of course you can divorce him from here. It does not actually matter that you were married in Turkey. What is important is that one of you is habitually resident here, and you are, so you can proceed with a divorce in England and Wales.

7. Mark Keenan

I would recommend our Managed Divorce Service which costs £189.00 + court fees if you just want a divorce.

If you require a divorce and a financial order, you will need to use our Managed Divorce & Clean Break Order Service, which is £299.00.

8. Mark Keenan

You will need the marriage certificate and a certified translation before you can proceed. You may need to contact the Turkish authorities to get a certified copy.

9. Mark Keenan

I would advise you to proceed on the basis of unreasonable behaviour. He has three choices
    then:

a) consent
    b) ignore the proceedings
    c) formally defend.

If he ignores the proceedings we can continue without his consent as long as we can prove he has received the papers.

d) Very few cases are actually defended and he would have to file a formal answer to the proceedings and pay a court fee of £120.00 to defend. This has only happened once in 7 years.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  10. Mark Keenan

I would recommend the Diamond Plus service as this will deal with your divorce and obtain a clean break order for you to prevent any future claims.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  11. Mark Keenan

Sorry for the delay.

Please ring Stacey on 01793 600779 who will be able to talk you through the procedures where we do not have the other parties address.

12. Mark Keenan

As you are both resident in England and Wales you can divorce on the fact of your adultery.

However, your husband will have to be the petitioner as you are unable to divorce yourself on the fact of your adultery.

It does not matter that the marriage was only registered in France.

The court will require the original and translation of the French marriage certificate to be lodged when the petition is issued.

Please call us on 01793 384 029 who will be able to give you more information.

13. Mark Keenan

if you are divorced then you are divorced.

14. mikeryde

mikeryde New Member

Hi,

I want to go ahead with a divorce. My spouse has agreed to admit to adultery. We have 3 children and we have agreed that they will continue to live in the family home with me. She lives nearby and will have them to sleep over once or twice a week. What is the simplest and quickest way to go ahead with getting a divorce online?

15. JULIECHILLIN

JULIECHILLIN New Member

I LIVE IN SPAIN BEEN SEPERATED FOR TEN YEARS HE LIVES IN UK WHAT DO I DO?

16. JULIECHILLIN

JULIECHILLIN New Member

I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN DIVORCE HIM FROM SPAIN OR DO I HAVE TO RETURN TO UK, AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO DO IT ONLINE WITH YOU ? NEED TO KNOW ASAP THANX

17. JULIECHILLIN

JULIECHILLIN New Member

WHY SO MUCH THERE IS NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER NO PROBLEMS WITH MONEY OR CUSTODY OF CHILDREN WE JUST NEED THE DECREE ISIS OR WHAT EVER ITS CALLED

18. ouam

ouam New Member

Hi,i'm french,living in Ireland,separated from my french husband since june 2001,good terms,we got married in france and have two kids,there is no argument about anything,we just want to divorce,is it possible for us to get ao "online divorce"?

19. stardyuk

stardyuk New Member

Ive been married to my Turkish husband since Oct 05. He is in UK now we split in May 06 and he came back for 2 weeks while my son was very ill in Dec 06 then was gone again. I desparetly want to get divorced but we married in Turkey, is it possible to do it from the UK, I cannot enter Turkey with my son as my husband has warned he will take him from me on Turkish soil. Please help.

20. stardyuk

stardyuk New Member

I dont have my marriage book, and I didnt register my marriage with the british consulate, do you think this will be a huge problem?