Partners Financial details

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Maggie40, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Maggie40

Maggie40 New Member

We had the same and did the same as smtm. All you have to disclose is your partner's contribution to your household bills. You do need to keep your finances separate as you will be asked to say what you know. Our sol said that if this seemed a reasonable amount, most judges won't pursue this. It doesn't have to be 50:50. The same principle applies to assets as to income. Your partner can't be forced to disclose any assets she may have as long as they are kept separate.

2. sammisea

sammisea New Member

Had no luck settling finances coz obstinate ex wife wont agree to anything because she thinks she will get everything so we now going FH, my sol wants details of my partners property (sale goin throu) and how much equity there is, obviously mp partner is fuming as she is nothing to do with divorce i met her long after i split with exw and feels it is an infringement of her privacy, does she have to disclose details.... we live together but not in this property. Also how long after you stop apying a mortgage (FMH) does the mort co take re-possesion? so far im 2 month in arrears and the EXW refuses to pay it even though she still lives there!

Thanks

3. smtm

smtm New Member

I don't know anything about the mortgage question you have but as a partner I have been through a similar incident recently. Although I don't own a home and have capital coming to me, my partners wife asked for details of my salary etc. We refused to disclose this information. We said that our finances are separate and neither of us knows anything about the others money situation. We have no joint accounts or anything to link us financially. The only thing we have in both our names is our tenancy and bills. If you are in the same position I don't see that your partner should have to disclose anything as technically it is not your money and you do not have access to it. If, however, you have anything that joins you financially it may be a slightly different story.

The final hearing in our case has taken place and the judge simply said that if my partner did not know my income then it wasn't relevant. The only thing a judge is interested in is whether or not you share the rent and bills. If you pay them all then the judge will say that she should be contributing, if you share them the judge will be content. Split all the bills you get down the middle and say on your form E that you pay half the amount. Then you can say the only thing you know about your partners money, is that she pays the same as you.