One party Died

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Maggie40, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Maggie40

Maggie40 New Member

It depends on the age of the children. If they are still dependent on their father then they will have a claim on his estate. So would his ex if she was receiving maintenance from him. The law would put her in the same financial position as any divorce settlement.

2. lonelylady

lonelylady New Member

I just would want to ask what if the husband died and the divorce is still on process? Will that make his children inherit on what ever the father's share? Will the remains of the father goes to the children? The children is from the husband's first marriage and they dont have children on the present marriage.

3. lonelylady

lonelylady New Member

It is something like he had signed a minute aggreement already and had given it to the wife that as long as he will pay the house bills and mortgage of the house, where the wife staying, thats all she will as for him and not touch anything and the divorce was filed already. The children are already grown ups and they are not the children of the present wife they are the children of the first wife who died. Do the children have something say on whats he had left? Thank you again for giving me your advice about it. I appreciate it very much.

4. Delilah1863

Delilah1863 New Member

You really need to see a solicitor but if you were married at the time of death then that is the legal status. The real answer will lie in what the will says and this could go either way.. if you are the main beneficiary then the children could contest the will claiming that clearly the fathers wishes were to be divorced and leave his estate to them not you. An initial meeting with a solicitor will not be expensive and will be well worthwhile