how will this split?

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

My view is that your inheritance is safe but that you will be looking at paying her half the equity which would be about £40k. I would make an offer to her on that basis.

2. Tomcat624

Tomcat624 New Member

I got remarried about 5 years ago .then sold my house which i had owned from before we even met , giving about 80k equity to invest in a business which includes a home .That business has not done so great and so if i were to sell it now i would just about get the 80k back .Also i inherited about 50k from my dad about 2 years ago ..If we were to split now would i have to give her half, as all of the equity and the inheritance money came from my side? The way i see it is if i had not met her i would be better off because my original house would be worth much more by now and also she would be worse off because she had about 10k of debts when we met and now she has none . PS there are no kids involved.. Please someone give me a bit of advice .

3. Tomcat624

Tomcat624 New Member

Thanks for your advice ...would still apreciate some second opinions cos i want to be pretty sure of where im going before diving in