How do i stand

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by onsetter, Jan 24, 2011.

1. onsetter

onsetter New Member

Well this is new to me. First of all i committed adultery with a female who i work with. Racked with guilt and destroying the family unit i signed everything over to my wife. Knowing that at least she and my 21 year old son would have a mortgage free house and some security. I have now been on my own for 15 months and my wife keeps putting pressure on me for more money. I think she knows that i am the type of person that will help anyone. I know i have done wrong but do you think its time to say enough is enough as i am being financialy crippled. My son even gets money out of me knowing that i never say no. What more can i do? Is it worth fighting for my half of the house as we were married for 25 years. Any advice will be greatly valued.

2. onsetter

onsetter New Member

thanks for the reply. I wish it was as simple as that. Very close people to me have said exactly what you have said. It's me that has to overcome this as i feel so guilt ridden and wanting to please everyone. I just wish i could move on. I think i need help from someone.

3. onsetter

onsetter New Member

Yet again thanks. I think friends and family have skirted around the issue of me being down. Maybe direct talking from you can start the ball rolling and i can start to rebuild my life. Again many thanks.

4. N8BEAR

N8BEAR New Member

Stop the " i am going destroy myself with guilt thing now please.
    So you slept with someone, ok it finished your marriage , it does not make you the antichrist. This website is full of loving decent people who had an affair. The most important thing is to get a solicitor, have a decent settlement so you are financialy secure as well and to look after you and your son.

Whats he going to do with a penniless farther ? Life is not perfect, now move onto the next stage.

5. N8BEAR

N8BEAR New Member

The first thing you must look after is yourself, if you need to see a doctor or you think you are depressed deal with it, your son needs a father, stop being in a selfish swamp and really live, look after your son. How will he feel if his father gives up ...... what will he think about next time he hits a problem, see a shrink .. do anything but STOP this guilt waste of time please.

6. N8BEAR

N8BEAR New Member

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
    Let me know how you doing please.

kind rgds
    N8BEAR