Help please

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by dawnie79, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dawnie79

dawnie79 New Member

Hi

Hope some one can help me, my new partner is married and started separating before I come along. they have no children and she has never contributed finacially to the relationship their is about 50k worth of debit mostly in his name the house was purchased a year ago in his sole name. what is she entitledd to?

thanks

2. fiona30

fiona30 New Member

i am not an expert but i am going through a divorce and have some friends in a similar situation. If the house is in his name there is not alot she can do, especially as their are no kids. As for the money, again she would have to proove she has contibuted financially with bills and transfers from her account to his. Again as their are no kids it will go in his favour. She may be able to get maintanance for herself if he has supported her but from my experiance, it all depends on the judge on the day of the financial hearing in court. All he can do is build a case and hope for the best.