Divorce and Payments

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Julesm, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Julesm

Julesm New Member

If you are actually paying maintenance to support your ex wife then I believe that once she has been living with her new partner for 6 months you are no longer required to pay her maintenance for herself. However any payment for your daughter has to continue. There is a percentage of salary set by the CSA, and it would be wise to check exactly what that is with them, or with your lawyer.

2. Julesm

Julesm New Member

If you are actually paying maintenance to support your ex wife then I believe that once she has been living with her new partner for 6 months you are no longer required to pay her maintenance for herself. However any payment for your daughter has to continue. There is a percentage of salary set by the CSA, and it would be wise to check exactly what that is with them, or with your lawyer.

3. neil.potter

neil.potter New Member

I split up from my wife 11 months ago and we sold our home and split the profits 70/30 giving her about £17.5k and me about £8.5k. Since we both moved into different rented accomodation, and she looks after my 3 year old daughter the majority of time, with me having her 3 out of every 4 weekends, and one tuesday in every 4 to make up for my weekend off. Well since Chistmas she has given up her part time job, and moved into her boyfriends house. My daughter still goes to nursery twice a week. I am currently paying my wife £300 a month for my daughters maintenance. I currently earn £30k. Financially and legally now, where do I stand. She is asking for more money as she is out of work, but is that anything to do with me now as she is living with a new partner? Also, if we get Divorced, what am I liable to end up paying for as she is now living with a new bloke with my daughter?
    Thanks