Divorce/Adultery/Children

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Lee08111977, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Lee08111977

Lee08111977 New Member

Is there anybody there that has divorced their wifes on adultery and there are children involed. How does it effect custody issues are there any benefits when divorcing on adultery. Has anybody got any advice on divorce and children (men only) as I have a little boy and I'm about to divorce my wife on adultery and I'm scared of the whole and the issue of seeing my little boy....
    Any help...?

L

2. jfarraud

jfarraud New Member

Lee,

I am currently in the same situation as you. My wife admitted to committing adultery and I to have an 18 month old son. As I have discovered there is no blame that can be placed, i.e she committed adultery so she should have to pay and move out etc, etc. From what I have discovered so far, the law stands by the mother interms of she could have full rights to your son, however she cannot prevent you from seeing your child unless she takes you to court for full custody. She could also insist that you move out of the marital home and that you are still expected to pay towards the mortgage, unless someone else moves in. If it is possible between you try and dicuss things in an amicable way, i.e agree to visitations and how much you can afford to pay towards maintenance. I hope that this will give you some comfort and if I find out thing more I shall let you know.

3. Wayne Harrhy

Wayne Harrhy New Member

I do not have any solid advice I am affried, but if you are any further or better informed I would appreciate your advice as I believe I have evidence of my wife having an affair. My evidence is based on telephone records and a little trap I set but she still denies everything so all of my evidence is pretty on sided.

I would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Regards and best of luck

Wayne

4. OZ

OZ New Member

My solicitor has told me that the grounds for the divore are on the whole irrelavent, appart from perhaps paying some of the costs of the divorce. My solicitor also suggested that since my wife doesnt have a paid job the costs could come full circle anyway.

As far as maintenance and share of the assets. The reason for the divorce doesn't come into it. It seems to be based on needs, but these needs seem to depend on what you earn rather than real needs. Without kids its easier, but with kids you will depending on all sorts of other things be expected to pay any shortfall in her requirements.

Of course this is opinion not legal advice.

5. GARRYWALL

GARRYWALL New Member

My wife committed adultery and walked out on me and my two children to live with another man. Both my children aged 16 and 10 have both said they want to live with me and my wife has even signed the child arrangement forms(which is filled in when you petition for divorce) to say she is happy for them to live with me. I think because my children are old enough to decide for themselves the wife doesn't get a say.

6. yf&m!

yf&m! New Member

lol!

7. alabaste

alabaste New Member

i had the same situation, with 2 children as they are girls i was told there was no chance of me getting custody, the only benefit of divorcing for adultry was the speed, it took anly 6 months, although the money side took longer which turn out to be a nightmare, i ended up giving all the equity in the house to get a clean break (180K. the worse thing is the children will be used against you and there is nothing you can do about it, start to get used to asking for permission to see your child, at first its a killer but it gets better

good luck

m

8. chinni

chinni New Member

Two questions:
    1]If a woman (housewife) is a devoted mother who takes full care of her chilren day in day out but gets caught committing adultery or admits committing adultery, does she lose custody of her children if she applies for a divorce? The children are 11, 10 and 8 years old.

2]If she is caught committing adultery, can she still live/share living arrangements in the marital home until either her or her husband moves out?

Thank you for any replies.