Do you need a replacement of your decree absolute but don't know how to go about it?

Over time, people move and documents get lost, and your decree absolute is one document that you will need, especially if you are lucky enough to be getting married again.

If you still have the name of the court and the case number, then getting a replacement of your decree absolute is quick and simple. All you have to do is give the court a ring and pay over the phone for a copy which will cost you 5.00

If you can't remember where you were divorced ( and many people cannot remember), then it gets a little trickier.

A search has to be carried out of the central register of decree absolutes which are held at the Principal Registry Of The Family Division of the High Court in London.

How much it costs to do the search depends on how long you think it was since the decree was made.

There are also many cases where people have been split up a long time and may have been divorced without them even knowing about it.

Our advice for people who have been separated for more then ten years is to do a search to see if your ex spouse has already divorced you. This will save you a fortune in divorce costs and court fees.

Divorce-Online offer a Decree Absolute Certificate search service, with process starting at 95.00 for searches upto ten years. For searches over 10 years call 01793 211 211 as the price will vary.