Where can I get a D8 divorce form?

Discussion in 'Get Divorce Advice' started by Mark Keenan, Nov 20, 2013.

  1. Mark Keenan

    Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

    Dec 22, 2010
    Likes Received:
    You can obtain a D8 divorce form from either your local county court office or online at the UK Government website. The D8 form is in presented PDF format and can be completed on your computer or tablet, but cannot be saved before you print it out. You will need acrobat reader installed on your device.

    Anyone can file their own divorce form, but unless you are good with legal forms and know at least the basics of divorce law and procedure which are contained in the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 ( as amended) and The Family Procedure Rules 2010, you may find that completing your own divorce petition is not as easy as you might think. The fact the Government make the forms available for free does not mean that getting a divorce or completing your D8 divorce form will be easy.

    There are not only the grounds for the divorce to be considered, but also the reasons have to be given and the petition and other documents have to comply with the rules. if you are filing on unreasonable behaviour for instance as your ground for the divorce, there are specific rules as there are for adultery and separation divorces. These rules are precise and any deviation will mean your divorce being rejected by the court, either at the filing stage or worse when the decree nisi application is made.

    Making a mistake on the D8 divorce form

    If you make a mistake, and most self representing litigants do, the court is entitled to charge you an amendment fee of £120 on top of the initial £410 filing fee and will order you to make amendments to the petition and re-file. At that point many people then have to hire a lawyer to sort out the mess.

    Also you need to know the judge will stop at the first mistake and not pick any other mistakes up. This means you may amend the petition only to find that the petition is rejected more than once, incurring more fees.

    Luckily, Divorce-Online is at hand to prepare your D8 form, so that when you do file it at court, it will be 100% correct, or we have to pay the amendment fee, and of course it would not make good business sense for us to make mistakes.

    To get more information on how we can complete your D8 divorce form click here
    or call 01793 384 029 today
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
Similar Threads: Where divorce
Forum Title Date
Get Divorce Advice I want a divorce but I don't know where my spouse is? Sep 27, 2013
Get Divorce Advice Reassessing finances when you look to divorce, where to start? Jul 26, 2013
Get Divorce Advice Where can I get a legitimate change of name deed? Aug 29, 2013
Get Divorce Advice What is a realistic timescale for a divorce in 2014? Sep 29, 2014
Get Divorce Advice What happens to the family home in a divorce? Jan 15, 2014

Share This Page