She's spent up, can she come back for more?

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by george43, Jan 24, 2011.

1. george43

george43 New Member

Man, help me out
    Seperated 3 years ago. Went abroad to work and after 10 months in a well paid job, found my wife had cleaned out the bank account (yes I'm dumb).
    I carried on paying 2000 a month on behalf of my two sons until she managed to do it again due to a bank screw up. I was left with 70 pounds.
    To cut a long story short, she had all my money off me. Her mum dies, leaves an un mortgaged house and cash. In the next 18 months she spends close to 100,000. In the meantime, she agrees to a self divorce, no strings attached. I continue to support my boys to the tune of 700 a month (between them and aged 22 and 18 in college)
    Now shes spent up, i have clawed my way back up and finally bought a house. She just emailed me saying she had sought advice and is coming after me and my new assetts, gained whilst seperated from her. My divorce isnt final yet.
    Please someone tell me im right in believing she can't touch me again????

2. Direstraits

Direstraits New Member

Unless you've formally settled the finances via a Court Order, then yes, she can attempt to get more money from you. You need to bite the bullet and get this finalised once and for all through the Courts. Incidentally, an inheritance received during the marriage is considered a joint asset. Although you say she's "spent up", presumably she still has the house - in which case it goes in the pot with everything else.