Or be more than friends?

Discussion in 'Men's divorce Issues' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

You have to tell him how you feel, as it sounds like he may actually feel the same way.

2. sleepy

sleepy New Member

Ten years ago my father died and with it my life began to fall apart. For months I remember nothing; then, though I was married, with three children, and pregnant, I had a torrid and horrible affair with a married man. We recovered but I just couldn't be happy. My career (which had been hugely successful) fell apart and ultimately, with no-one else involved, five years ago I told my husband I wanted a divorce. He was devastated but I stuck to it - I wanted things to change, because it all seemed wrong.

4 months after we separated my ex met someone else and was swept along. He is now remarried, but even a few days prior to that said that he wanted me back more than anything. I have a relationship but resisted marriage or living together. I have made a new career, have a house and a life of my own. I've begun to feel things properly again. I don't know if it was my dad's death that set this all off, but I feel like I was slightly out of my mind for ten years and I am just getting sane again.

Over the last 6 months or so I have begun to feel again the love I once felt for my husband. No two people were closer or more in love than we once were. We have four children, all still young. We still support each other at times. I've known him more than half my life and loved him for most of that.

From my children I know that his new marriage is not happy - she is demanding, unpleasant to the children and frequently to him; he is still veyr kind to me and often calls me. When I was upset recently he called me darling over and over again. I would give the world to be a family again, and to feel him next to me again. My family would be opposed of course but I know this is what I want.

Has anyone any ideas? Should I tell him how I feel, in case he feels the same? Has anyone any advice?

3. claudiab

claudiab New Member

Gosh please tell him. I split with my ex 5yrs ago after 7yrs together and married someone else within the yr. We have just started speaking again and i have confessed at last that i still love my ex and have got myself in such an awful postition by marrying someone else. I wasted 5yrs not talking to him because i knew how i felt deep down. pls pls tell him
    xx

4. Infinity

Infinity New Member

TELL HIM!!!! You only get one stab at life that we know of, don't waste any more time TELL HIM!!!!!!