How to tell your middle class marriage is in trouble
The Telegraph kindly gives us some examples of behaviour that is likely to indicate your marriage may be in trouble. After reading this article I shall be heading straight down to my local Relate office for some counselling as it would appear myself and the wife are on the way to the divorce courts.
Opting to spend the late hours in Paxman’s company rather than with your better half is one of eight key signs that a relationship needs attention, according to The Middle Class Handbook, an online guide to the changing habits of the middle classes.
1. You stay up to watch Newsnight after your partner has gone to bed – that will be me then.
2. One of you reads with the light on while the other is trying to go to sleep – that will be the wife then
3. Using costs to avoid a date with your partner – That will be me and the wife then and it covers everything not just dates.
4. Answering, “nothing” when your partner asks you what is wrong to avoid an argument – absolutely, arguments are for supermarkets.
5. Preferring to spend time playing sport than being with your partner – Where did I put my golf clubs?