What can be covered in a Separation Agreement?
A separation agreement can pretty much deal with anything you want it to and each separation agreement we prepare is unique to the couple who want to enter into it.
Couples who decide to separate can enter into a separation agreement, which puts in writing any decisions they have made about their finances and children.
Below you find typical examples of what gets covered in a separation agreement;
- How much each party is to pay in respect of the mortgage, rent or household bills until you are able to move.
- How your debts will be split between you.
- How the money from the sale of a home will be split after payment of fees.
- How to separate joint bank accounts and savings.
- Division of personal property such as cars, CD collections, and furniture.
- The payment of any ongoing maintenance for a spouse or children
- Who the children will live with and when they will see the other spouse.
There are many more things that can be covered in a separation agreement, these are just typical examples of things that couples usually put into their agreements.
With the information you provide us with, our solicitor will draft the separation agreement for you and explain how to sign the agreement.
This service is just £199 fixed fee, the same service with a high street law firm or Coop legal services is over £700 + VAT.