Property Adjustment Order

Discussion in 'Divorce FAQ - Frequently Asked Question' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

If you are intending to transfer the former matrimonial home to him then a property adjustment order is what the court will make to put it into effect. It orders the equity to be transferred and adjusted to whatever percentage or monetary share is agreed or ordered.

We can help you apply for a property adjustment order with our consent order service, this service includes property adjustment and all you will need to do after is complete a questionnaire which will be sent to a solicitor who will draft your order through your individual requirements.

Using our financial consent order service could save you over £750 compared to using a high street solicitor, and our divorce solicitor will draft the property adjustment order as part of the consent order and send you the draft for you to approve.

The endowment policy is a separate capital issue that will also be dealt with, as a separate matter.

The wording of the order will be something like;

Upon the Petitioner and respondent having agreed (terms of agreement), it is hereby ordered...

So the order sets out what you have already done, what still needs to be done and when all is done dismisses all claims between you, so no further applications can be made.

For more information and advice be sure to check out our consent order service page, we can help you for as little as £150.00 fixed fee, or call us for free advice on 01793 384 029.

I hope that clarifies!
    Editor

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. tre.mag

tre.mag New Member

My husband is divorcing me (after I asked him to leave). he's taking me to court about the settlement. He has requested a lump sum order (as I have the house and the car which I said he could have, he said he had no interest), and he has also requested a property adjustment order. I was under the impression that this was only involved where an endowment mortgage was in force. We cashed in the endowment in May and a repayment mortgage was then taken out, which I have solely paid on my own. Could you please tell me if there is any other reason why a property adjustment order would be enforced? Thanks, I'm fretting about this!

3. tre.mag

tre.mag New Member

Thanks for that. He's the one applying for the order, he doesn't want the house, nor does he want me to have it! So we'll have to wait and see. Thanks again
    Tre