Simplified Scottish Divorce Service – Do your own divorce for £49
The Simplified divorce for Scottish couples is designed to be a quick and simple procedure if your situation meets the criteria needed to file a divorce.
Using the simplified divorce procedure, you will not need to instruct a solicitor that charges on average £750 plus VAT when it is a paperwork process and can be dealt with simply and quickly yourself with our help and guidance.
Can I use the Simplified Scottish Divorce Procedure?
There are two different procedures for divorce in Scotland, so you want to ensure you are completing the right one as you don't want to waste your time and money doing the wrong one.
You should use the Scottish simplified proceudre to divorce, if;
- You are applying for divorce based on the grounds of one year’s separation with consent or two years separation without consent.
- There are no children of the marriage under the age of 16.
- There are no financial matters to sort out.
- There are no other court proceedings under way.
All of these facts must apply to your situation in order for you to file for divorce using the simplified procedure, if they are not you are required to use the Ordinary Scottish Divorce Procedure.
What Is Included With This Service?
- All Paperwork Included – All Official divorce paperwork that is needed for you to complete the Simplified Scottish Procedure is provided.
- Detailed Guidance Documentation - You will receive a detailed guide to help you complete the paperwork and correctly file for divorce.
- Written By Qualified Solicitors - All documentation has been written by qualified solicitors with over 10 years experience in family law.
- Quick Process – Usually completed with 6-10 weeks
The Simplified Scottish Divorce Procedure
To apply for a DIY divorce in Scotland under this procedure the applicant will have to fill in a form giving the reason for the divorce and information to support it.
If the ground for divorce is a one year separation with the agreement of the other party, form SPA is used and the applicant will have to get the other party to sign a consent form.
Form SPB is used if the ground for divorce is two years without agreement.
The applicant must swear on oath that the facts stated on the application for divorce are correct before a Notary Public or a Justice of the Peace who will sign the form, free of charge.
The completed application form, an original marriage certificate and a fee is returned to the local sheriff court or Court of Session in Edinburgh. The court will then send a copy of the application for divorce to the other party.
The Quickest & Easiest Way To Divorce in Scotland
Don't spend thousands on having your divorce dealt with if you can file using the simplified process, it's a straightforward paperwork process that can be done yourself. Start today and save over £750 on the cost of your divorce.
Please Note: There will be a court filing fee payable of £153. It is also necessary for the application to be signed before a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public. Most Solicitors are Notary Publics in Scotland and will charge a fee which varies for this service.