Free divorce forms and Divorce-Online – What is the difference?

by Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A question often asked by potential clients is what is the difference between the free divorce forms provided by the court service and the divorce forms supplied by Divorce-Online.

People also ask why do they cost ¬£410. They don’t that is for the court filing fee, which has nothing to do with the forms, they do not offer a service, simply the ability to download their free forms.

The divorce forms supplied by the court service are blank, they are not completed and you have to have to complete them yourself. Everyone has to use these forms, whether you do it yourself, hire a solciitor or use a firm like Divorce-Online to deal with your divorce.

The DIY DIVORCE SERVICE  provided by Divorce-Online means that all your divorce forms are completed  and checked for you, so all you have to do is file them with the courts.

The biggest mistake is to file incorrect documents with the court as they have recently introduced increased fees for filing amended documents which can make the process expensive.

The court will stop at the first mistake and charge you. If you have made other mistakes they will not highlight them but will continue to charge for ruther submissions.

With a form completion service we check and double check that your divorce documents are correct before you file them.

So before you download free divorce forms from the court think about the cost you may incur if you make a mistake.

If we make a mistake, it is us that will pay the amendment fees and not you.

We are often recommended by individual courts as they prefer that clients use our service than try and go it alone. It makes their lives easier and of course will make it easier for you.

You can find out more about our divorce form completion service by either visiting the website or calling¬ 01793 384 029

Mark Keenan

About Mark Keenan

Editor of the Divorce Online blog

4 Responses
  • Douglas Keith Chapman
    September 15, 2013

    Ihave been seperated from my wife over seven year and would like to get a divororce and dont know how to go about it without lawyers been involved
    Your Sincerly Mr D K Chapman

  • navmeet modha
    October 9, 2013

    dear sir or madam
    ive not been living with my wife for over 5 years and i would like to get divorced as soon as could

    thank you

    • Mark Keenan
      Mark Keenan
      October 9, 2013

      Hi there, please call us on 01793 211 211 I am sure we can help and for a low fixed fee.

What do you think?