DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Discussion in 'Divorce FAQ - Frequently Asked Question' started by Mark Keenan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mark Keenan

Mark Keenan Administrator Staff Member

<P>You need to take action now!</P>
    <P>Make an appointment with a Solicitor that does Legal Aid, you will qualify. You will be able to obtain a non molestation order to prevent him being violent to you and also an occupation order to have hom leave the house and not return. You will probably be able to aopply for an emergency order without having to give him notice of your intentions.</P>
    <P><FONT color=blue><EM>Mark Keenan<BR>Editor</EM></FONT></P>

2. dolphin2169

dolphin2169 New Member

5 YEARS AGO MY HUSBAND ATTACKED ME AND THE POLICE WERE CALLED. THEY CHARGED HIM BUT LIKE A LOT OF WOMEN I DID NOT GO ON WITH THE CASE AFTER HE PROMISED NEVER TO DO IT AGAIN...AS THE MARRIAGE HAD ENDED WE AGREED TO LIVE SEPERATE LIVES UNDER THE SAME ROOF (AS LODGERS) IN SEPERATE BEDROOMS, WHILE OUR YOUNGEST DAUGHTER WAS STILL AT HOME. SHE HAS NOW LEFT HOME AND I AM LIVING A NIGHTMARE WITH AN ALCOHOLIC MAN WHO WILL PROBABLY ATTACK ME AGAIN. A FRIEND WHO IS A PSYCHIATRIC NURSE HAS WARNED ME THAT HE APPEARS TO HIM AS A PSYCHOTIC AND I SHOULD TAKE EXTREME CARE.
    HE DRINKS HEAVILY, NEVER BATHS (LAST BATH WAS 2 YEARS AGO) SLEEPS IN HIS CLOTHES (OFTEN DOWNSTAIRS) IS VERBALLY VERY ABUSIVE AND QUESTIONS EVERYTHING I DO.
    HE WILL NOT LEAVE THE JOINT OWNED HOUSE AND REFUSES TO KEEP THE HOUSE IN ANY DECENT ORDER. I REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING FOR HIM LIKE WASHING, COOKING ETC. I CLEAN THE SHARED ROOMS LIKE LOUNGE ETC. HE WILL NOT CLEAN UP AFTER HIMSELF AND WILL LEAVE DIRTY DISHES ETC. FOR WEEKS ON END...I NOW PUT THOSE DISHES ETC. OUTSIDE THE BACK DOOR & HE WASHES THEM AS HE NEEDS THEM.
    OUR 4 DAUGHTERS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AND ARE WORRIED FOR ME..THEY WANT ME OUT OF DANGER..I AM DISABLED BUT FEAR IF I LEAVE THE HOME HE WILL EITHER LET IT GO TO RUIN, SELL IT OR EVEN MOVE SOMEONE IN AND I WILL LOSE MY SHARE, WHICH I KNOW WILL NEVER BE MINE AS IT IS INHERITANCE FOR MY GIRLS.
    DO I MOVE OUT, STAY PUT, GET HIM OUT AND IF THE LATER IS THE CASE...HOW?
    AS I AM DISABLED & DON'T WORK CAN I GET FINACIAL HELP WITH A DIVORCE AS THIS SEEMS THE ONLY OPTION LEFT.

3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog New Member

Burn the house down, with him in it!

Or take the previous advice as It's legal

Best of luck!

4. Peta

Peta New Member

Leave him! Take care of yourself. You're a person in your own right, you don't deserve this. There are lots of organisations that can and will help you to leave this aggressive nasty slob. You've taken a big step in posting this, try to get the courage together to take the next step.

Very best wishes...

5. blue4u

blue4u New Member

I do feel for you as I am in the same place but have the chance to make a move. If your daughters care let them help you even if it's for 6 months. Leave him then get legal help as you are probably scared that he will react violently when he finds out what you've done. Good luck and I can understand why you stuck it out but remember you should think about yourself