Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Contact with grandparents after a divorce

  1. #1
    Administrator admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Contact with grandparents after a divorce

    if you are a grandparent and are finding it difficult getting access to your grandchildren. Then perhaps we can help guide you through the legal processes involved in applying to see them, if your son/daughter's ex is denying you contact or making it difficult for you to see your grandchildren.

    As a grandparent you do not have an automatic right to see your grandchildren. If you have to apply to the court for a contact order, you would need to apply for leave to file an application, but generally this can be done at the same time as the main contact application. From my experience, the Judges are very sympathetic to requests for grandparents to have contact with their grandchildren, but only if it does not encroach on a parents time. After all, there is only so much time available, especially when children have started school and there will need to be a balance.

    Let us know what you experiences are.
    Last edited by admin; 01-28-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts